The idea behind Art Spot is to make it easy, simple and affordable for artists from all over the world to sell their art anywhere in the world by creating easy access of the art to the buyers and vice versa. In essence Art Spot seeks to bridge the gap between the two worlds by eliminating the limitations of distance, while introducing the convenience of e-commerce.
Qualification to sell on Art Spot: Art Spot is open to every artist with demonstrated skill in their area of practice, and one who has been approved by Art Spot administrator. There is no limitation to geographical location of sellers and is absolutely free for every artist to have their work featured.
Requirements for prospective sellers: All prospective sellers who have read the terms and conditions are required to register themselves as “Seller” by clicking here. Once registered, Art Spot will approve them and they can right away begin to submit their work as described below. The artists shall be required to furnish Art Spot with all relevant personal details that would enable clear and quick communication at all times and also enable payment for sold art.
File format and size: All artworks shall be submitted as high quality photographs of the original art being sold and shall either be in jpeg (jpg) or png formats and preferably not exceeding 500kb. It is necessary that the full artwork is captured within the photograph and should not be cropped off whatsoever. These can be submitted by uploading them from the Seller’s dashboard once signed up and logged in. Should one encounter any problem with this process, you may contact our support team and we will be more than happy to come to your aid.
Artwork information: All artworks submitted shall be labeled with the following information and in the same format as shown:
- Title of the art
- Media used
- Size (CM) W x H for 2 dimensional art, and W x H x B for 3 dimensional art
- Price (USD)
Pricing and Commission: Art Spot shall retain 25% of the quoted value as commission on every art that is sold and the remaining 75% shall be paid to the artist within five (5) to seven (7) work days from the date of purchase.
Storage: While still on feature on the website it shall be the artist’s responsibility to store the art piece/s in good condition until when it/they shall be required (if bought) for shipping to the buyer.
Shipping: When any art is bought Art Spot shall contact the respective artist to avail the art piece/s for shipping to the buyer’s location without any delay. Art Spot shall bear all shipping and handling costs, however in some rare cases and depending on logistical circumstances the artist may be required to bear a refundable shipping cost.
- Featured artists shall not be bound to selling their work only on Art Spot but should any of the featured artworks get sold elsewhere or be made unavailable for one reason or the other then it shall be the artist’s responsibility to inform Art Spot accordingly so that it is marked on the website as “sold” or removed from feature all together. Should the art piece be found unavailable after an online purchase has been made, the artist shall bear responsibility for any extra charges incurred in refunding the buyer. Failure to do so, Art Spot shall discontinue featuring the artist and his/her work on the website.
- After featuring their art on Art Spot, it is the artist’s responsibility to counter check the information entered for each of their art pieces to confirm that it is correct and to update it if wrong.
- The artist may share links of their art as a way of marketing their art and increasing visibility of their work.
Waiver: By submitting your work to Art Spot you accept to waive your rights to Art Spot in as far as the use of your work for advertising purposes on various platforms is concerned.
Art Spot shall not be liable of any claims of forgery, palimpsest or defamation in relation to any artist’s work.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, FROM TIME TO TIME IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY POSTING THEM TO THIS WEBSITE.